US Plan Exposed to Occupy North Korea After War
Plans revealed for a post-war occupation of N Korea
The US Government is currently studying options for a postwar occupation of North Korea as well as how to deal with insurgencies like in Iraq, according to reports.
United States military experts in Washington D.C. are planning for an occupation of the North Korean nation after overthrowing leader Kim Jong-un.
Military advisors claim that North Korea's nuclear testing will lead to total collapse and a huge loss of life will be suffered in both South and North Korea if America and its allies invaded.
President Donald Trump’s generals and advisers are said to be concerned that US forces would be bogged down for years by a fanatical insurgency following an invasion.
Laura Rozen, a journalist for Al-Monitor, said a source told her that think tank advisers linked to Mr. Trump are “quietly preparing studies on the aftermath of war with North Korea”.
She added that these experts are using lessons from armed rebellion during the American occupation of Iraq.
She wrote: “There’s a lot of interest in studies on how to defeat insurgencies led by former regime types armed with chemical and biological agents.”
And Mark Fitzpatrick, the executive director of the International Institute for Strategic Studies office in Washington, told the New Yorker that Kim’s fanatical soldiers might use guerilla tactics against US forces in the North.
He said: “A war would not end quickly after the defeat of North Korean forces. North Korea would not be immediately pacified.”
He added: “North Koreans are brainwashed into believing that the Kim dynasty is deity-like and Americans are the source of all evil.”
are quietly preparing studies on the aftermath of war with North Korea...A couple of the shops with big teams of analysts. 2/— Laura Rozen (@lrozen) September 12, 2017
Dusting off the books from pre-Iraq War days on how to counter those types of insurgencies. 4/— Laura Rozen (@lrozen) September 12, 2017
Meanwhile, the standoff over North Korea could lead to “nuclear war”, a Japanese pro-wrestler turned politician warned, urging nations to dial down the tension after the isolated country fired a missile over northern Japan last month.
Tokyo could play a role in mediating with its neighbor, said 74-year-old Antonio Inoki, who is known for fighting boxer Muhammad Ali four decades ago.
“We are seeing a situation where each raises his fist and the situation is escalating,” Mr. Inoki, who recently returned from his 32nd visit to Pyongyang, told a news conference, wearing his signature red scarf.
“It’s important to see who can be the first to lower his fist and reduce the tension,” said Inoki, who, like US basketball star Dennis Rodman, has made numerous visits to North Korea.
Pyongyang must commit to denuclearization as a prerequisite for talks, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said in an interview with the Nikkei business daily published on Wednesday.
On Monday, the UN Security Council voted to tighten sanctions on the North over its sixth nuclear test.